Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Three days of drivers ed class left before we begin our individual driving appointments. I actually enjoy class, I enjoy my classmates and this week, now that three classes aren't squeezed together it's a hell of a lot better. But really, we're cramming a month long course into ten days so all of this shit is intense and, when you mixed that with the early to rise and the cross town bus business it can get a little exhausting. Even though I'll miss my classmates, I'll be glad when I can sleep again. I'm just so glad, recently, that I'll be staying around here. And the longer I live in this city the deeper my roots grow in it. I love this place, really. It's the first place I've ever had a root too. I guess I came of age in South Bend.

I keep on wondering why I am in driver's ed. Sounds silly, doesn't it? The obvious reason would be to learn to drive. It's just there are some places I find myself in where I'm sure there is a reason REASON a sort of divine purpose. I feel steered by God into some places and I feel like, out of all the driving schools, all of the classes, all of the times, this is the one I am in and the one where connections are made and I just wonder what I'm supposed to do. A quiet bvoice says just move along with eyes and heart wide open and you'll learn your purpose.

No comments: