Thursday, June 10, 2004

Things go well over here, but there is so much going on. My transition into the modern world ie. driving school and graduate school. The papers are all signed and sent in, but I'm still obsessed with both. And this all happens as we launch into an idea I thought past it's time: when one friend suggests it, it's a decent idea. When it is suggested again one must think, especially if one wants it. And this one wants it. So with the help of friends much more talented than myself, while still looking for a paper publisher (and I think I may have found one) we are publishing Jamnia as an e-book. What I've seen looks nice enough, but there is still more to do before it is ready. It will be the first book Seanachai Press does, but not the last. There is another author, and we will be producing her work.

The dedication looks just the way I wanted. When it was time to write one I had to make it a real one and not a long lists of thank yous to people that I may love and cherish but who, flatly, had nothing to do with the book or, in some cases, were even hindrances. So in the end the dedication is to the people the book actually belongs to. I couldn't make it to just one person. It's never just one person whose blood is mixed into anything good. And you've got to get a little blood mixed into the work.

The weather is better now in South Bend. Yesterday it was so damned hot. It rained and rained and I was soaked and then the rain ceased, the sun came out and it was tiwce as hot as it had been before. A woman walking across the street with a cigarette in one hand shouted to me, as I sat under the tree on the post office lawn, "Ain't no breeze to be found NOWHERE !" And she was so right. When I got home, took a breath and let out the dogs, I ran from the sun immediately wondering how in the world I could have stood it in the first place.

No comments: