Saturday, June 19, 2004

FOOT IN THE DOOR PRESS

We'll call it Foot in the Door Press. When Publish America (tell me that's not a lame title for a publishing house!) had my book a professor said, "This is like your foot in the door..." to beigger and better things. To the major publishing houses.

Well, fuck the major publishing houses. Fiction writing in America is shitty and so are the houses that publish it. We're going to do something new here. Remember Kerouac and Hemingway? Remember Plath and Woolf. Remember when writers had the LIFE and they were personalities. Rememember when authors were concerned with telling stories and not with being called serious writers? Well, we're bringing all that shit back. I swear. We're going to say, fuck New York City and all that Simon and Schuster bullshit and start a new thing. Young people will be excited and write in their full passionate voices. The old will see hope for tomorrow. We will be Alanis Morissette meets Liz Phair meets Quentin Tarantino with a Dostoyevsky sensilibity.

Foot in the Door Press is, so far:

David Mc.Nelis: executive editor and photographer
Shawn Delahanty: layout manager
Breain Ma'Ayteh: assistant editor
Helen Hawarth: assistant editor
Christopher L. Gibson: producer and managing editor

and we will be glad to take a certain London Kennedy's work very shortly.



6 comments:

Frema said...

Hooray for Foot in the Door Press! How clever! :)

This Breain Ma'Ayteh sounds like a fabulous girl.

Chris said...

She's not bad once you get past her fake fingernails.

Unknown said...

I'm proud to be part of the team! I'm sorry, but I hadn't read your last few posts, and I've only just realised that you passed your test! Congratulations!!

Chris said...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY ! ! !

Unknown said...

PS I'm itching to get started!

Chris said...

I have a powder for that itch. It usually comes to me in the summer months. But in the meantime, I'm going to give the book my once over, and then send that once overed bit back to you. Don't do anything with the copy you have except read the last two chapters. The end pops up twice for some reason. I should be able to send a revised edition by Saturday. There's more to say, but not right here, and not right now. I'm so excited!