Sunday, April 18, 2004

Walls

I've never shirked from doing the difficult thing. I've never given into fear when it comes to dealing with people, or doing what needs to be done. But recently I've started to realize how much harm has come from me jumping in to change things when it wasn't time. How much damage is done when I feel that I have a message and it MUST BE DELIVERED NOW. Today, in church I saw Dean and Kevin, going about their lonely lives. And I knew that as much as I wanted it to be the time, this was not the time for my message. They were in a place where anything I said would have been as useless as a gall bladder and stuck like water to a duck's back.

The walls hardest to take down are the ones put up over our hearts. What is needed is a great deal of patience, and a concentration of love to take those walls. What is needed is the blessed ability to see the crack whereby we can enter. When people build walls, they always leave a crack or a door in the hopes that if someone cares enough they will find it... eventually.

No comments: