Saturday, April 03, 2004

rain ii

You gotta talk to the one who made you
talk to the one who understands
talk to the one who gave you
all that light in your eyes
all that light in your eyes


-- Sheryl Crow

If don't concern ourselves too much with ourselves, with what is easy, what is advantageous, but rather what is necessary, then I have learned that there is nothing to fear. It is not that God brings us to the best or most successful place or even to the place of our own choosing, but to the place of necessity. We are carried, sometimes gently, sometimes not so gently to the place where we need to be, to the people we need, to do what needs to be done. I don't think I've ever gotten just what I wanted, but what was given to me was that which delighted me. And so I delight in this.

No comments: