Saturday, April 24, 2004

endless day
when i loved you
endless days like purgatories
when i told you all my stories
stories told to your deaf ear
mixed with fear
and all the time i gave the care you would not take
all my love it only breaks you
and you'd make me twice as dead as you

there never was a heathen
in the deepest glen
worshipping idols
praying to pretend
virgin marys
who worshipped stone as vain as i
when i told the lie that we had something
and yet that love was mine
sweet and fine honey from the flower of my nature
any creature before my eyes
would have won that prize
but in that year
for that brief season
without much reason it was you

blot out the sun
snuff out the moon
dissect all music, remove it's tune
and tone and still you'll not get to the bone of me
which is this love from me
undeserved it came to you
but needed it was born from me
it made me free

No comments: