Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Easter v

or

that you do so well...


Vodou, often spelled voodoo is not a matter of killing chickens and drinking their blood (well, not most of the time) But it is the shamanic practice native to Africans and therefore in my blood. Elements of it are in my shamanic practice though I will never be houngan. I belong to Welsh druidry. It's a comfortable home.

A vever is an emblem one makes to summon certain powers. What needs to be summoned into this house is love. After my terrible performance with Dean I painted a vever for him and lit a votive over it.

Dean, more love and more rest, less fear in your life. If you picked up on any nastiness from me, release it. May your Eric give you love and more love and you do the same for him. But don't be afraid to open your heart to the whole world. Don't be afraid at all. Love is the light of God's face. May love shine upon you tonight.

No comments: