Thursday, February 19, 2004

in a night you've shown us more than most
have bothered to show in years
more than you ever showed in that whole
year,
year and a half
halfway glad
all the way glad
now that time is over
when i was halfway dead
and everything I said
everything i did led nowhere
good god, why couldn't i have met you then?
looking at me, waving at me, always starting to talk to me
american men don't always make good friends to each other
wish you'd said something to me
at that time i was losing my brother
other,
bother,
brother
bastard
and all along there you were
and now you've showed me everything
with open hands
and
i know there is so much more to your world
and i am willing to see it--
receive it
be there for you
you see
i was thinking of me
when i think of you i am so impressed
makes me a little depressed to think of all my poverty
i don't know what you could possibly want from me
all i can offer is my loyalty
all i can see is your dignity
all i can do is respect your privacy
and tap on the door
when you are ready for a listening ear
i guess if you ever need me to go to bat
for you i can... if you do, you know?
Do you? could you use that?

No comments: