Thursday, February 05, 2004

I am so glad the week is over. It started out so wonderfully, but now it's time to close it off. I can't imagine a happier time in life, but this is the first week this year that I have been so exhausted by everything. It's foolish to think that I deserve not to be exhausted. So often I complain, but I don't have so much money that I'm shielded from the realities of life, that I don't realize that life could be so much worse. That instead of being inconvenient or tiring life could actually be BAD. And it isn't, and I am truly blessed.

I think that I was actually going to write about all the things that had made me tired and mad, disolutioned and upset, but... now that I write this I don't feel the need to do this.

I'm learning to cast runes. Out of all the forms of divination and self examination I've found this is the most direct. Sort of slaps you in the face once you've learned what the configurations and sigils mean. I take the Galadrial stance on magic (in Lord of the Rings where she tells Samwise she is about to show him something he would call magic, but that she doesn't understand the meaning of that word.) From God, or from the Gods or something strictly synaptic and neurological (I'm not sure we should be so quick to dilineate between the three) I learn certain things when I cast runes. Such as: it is difficult to grow, to let go, to release fear and anger. But if we don't, we die.

No comments: