Thursday, May 25, 2017

ON WHICH WE FEAST


The truth is, if you read more Aleister Crowley, you might be a happier soul. I don't want to be him, but much of my sorrow and despair has been from living on a path that was very much unlike his. I have lived divorced from lust, desire and imagination feasting on smallness and fear. I have feasted to long on someone else's fear and madness. I need to sit at the altar of my inner temple and wait for the gods to reveal themselves to me.  This is all new to me and I am as fragile as I am strong. It seems many times in this upcoming spring I have fllen into deep despairs and wanted to weep, horrible depressions. We ought to be more careful of that on which we feast, but there is so much poisonous food lying everywhere.

To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter.



Modern morality and manners suppress all natural instincts, keep people ignorant of the facts of nature and make them fighting drunk on bogey tales.





Part of the public horror of sexual irregularity so-called is due to the fact that everyone knows himself essentially guilty.

Indubitably, magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/aleister_crowley.html

No comments: