Tuesday, August 17, 2004

thank god!
i had begun to think i’d never see you again
i had begun to put that hope far far away
and then, there you
who i love dearly
were only a few paces away
and you did catch my eye
as you were walking by
or was it the other way?
whatever
love and friendship
honesty and openness were in that gaze
one simple look,
one little smile from you
opens up the world of possibilities like that day
two years ago when i walked in the building and there
like my old friend you stood waving at me
and do you remember when you twirled that broom
thinking no one saw?
and you dropped it
it was All Saint’s Day
and though the rest of them missed it
this saint saw you
i turned away before you caught my eye
but this last time
i did not turn away
and you…
you caught me
you have me.

1 comment:

Pinklunamoon said...

mmm is this about love or friendship ?