Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I thought: there is no time to write this down. There are things to do. But it is just turning two in the morning and this busyness has cost me my joy and my sanity for the last few days. It seems the busier I get, the less time I make the less time I have. And then, maybe we can actually MAKE time. For it seems when I stop a while, to acknowledge the world, there is always time and peace enough to get done that which needs to be done.

So here I am at one of my favorites times. Early, early in the morning. A steady rain shot with pan flashes of lightning is breaking the unwelcome weather. I am still coughing from a bit of lemon cake that went down a half hour ago, and in her sad voice Patty Griffin is singing from the CD player

Isn't it hard sometimes?
isn't it lonely?
how i still hang around here
and there's nothing to hold me...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Isn't that ironic, though? Maybe we can make taking time out our daily obsession?