Friday, January 30, 2004

Thanksgiving

I just really wanted to express gratitude. After a long time of what can only be described as waiting, my life is full of so much joy. Beginning this blog has led me to other people all around the world, some much closer to others. I want to give a shout out to my main ladies, London and Helen Hawarth at Superpsych.joeuser. I have been turned on to so many people with such skill and so many dreams: Andrew Barnett, Antonio Savoradin, Suw Charman, Jon Husband, the list grows bigger everyday. I just discovered the Coffee Sutras. I will try to make a link to as many of these sites as possible.

And by all means we must never forget my dear old friend Bree who began weblogging around the same time I did. Yay! London, she's a writing major at DePaul, and she's gonna start writing about her SEX LIFE !

Because this is a Thanksgiving I want to express gratitude for people who will never see this blog, but have sustained me: the parishioners at Saint James Episcopal Cathedral in South Bend, Indiana. After a very long time of feeling left out of and ambivalent to Christianity, I found a place and a people who cared about what I care for, the Holy Peaces who-- when they want to be-- can be the biggest, baddest, community of brothers and sisters this side of... well, this side: especially Anne Niemiec and Megan Bodnar, constant old friends. Let's see, who else, my old English prof Justin George Watson. I started out as a philosophy religion major, but the truth is this: what I learned in his English classes is really what formed my religion, my outlook on life more than anything any priest ever said. And: new to the crowd Aaron Mullins who has so much energy that his e-mails literally get up and do a tap dance on my keyboard !

And the clouds in the heavens, the Spirit that holds the earth together, our Father in heaven, our Mother below, every blessed saint and bodhisattva, all blessed beings, the earth that sustains us beneath our feet and glory that surrounds us, that we are born into and pass into it.

I would like to thank all the love around us.

Amen.

No comments: