Friday, December 17, 2004

Over

Often what ought to be the day of rejoicing becomes the day of... what next? I know what's next. So many things are next. I am open to so much, but now, after I have come through all the things involved in going back so to school, and after I've come through this whole year blessed, I can only lay in bed and sleep.

In a few weeks, new challenges will be beging. But that is not today, and all the old things are gone. At last, this uphill and often joyous struggle is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Solstice yesterday!

David M

Chris said...

Oh, thank you, David! It seems like something as clear cut as the Solstice should be easy to celebrate, but since it jumps around and my order has people all over the world, I've been hearing Happy Yule for two days now. I'm just celebrating on the day and night of the twenty-first like I do every year. Thanks for knowing!

Chris said...

London, I know just what you mean. I've been out for three days and my body still can't remember, "You're on vacation now. You're on vacation." But I'm really excited about next semester. I'm excited about the new people I'll meet. But mostly, I'm excited about these two weeks or so when i'll get to catch up on ME!