Thursday, December 30, 2004

Love

This morning I looked back and wondered what brought me through some of the bad times of the last three and a half years. Some of it was absolutely terrible, and I find myself pinching myself because things have changed.

I remember now, coming out of the monastery. It was early winter, and a desolate time. My two best friends came from college to visit me. They slept in my bed. I slept on the floor, and then one of us exchanged places at around six in the morning. I remember, one of them got sick on Kentucky Fried Chicken, and remember us eating a mince, not a mincemeat pie.

That was a time when I was enfolded by love. Love was very strong in the midst of darkness. The last few years and all of my life are filled with times. Love sustains me. Love upholds us.

No comments: