Saturday, December 04, 2004

Dreams and Writing

I need to keep a book of my dreamings. Now the first snows have fallen, the light is lessened. Advent approaches with all the festivals of light. Final Harvest and the Days of the Dead have ended. Soon the time of new birth will come. We are in the dark time, the quiet time, the belly of the year.

I dream and meditate on people who do not come to mind every day. At least not to the front of my mind. When often I say there is no one worth thinking of back in high school that isn't true. The fact is I could never go to a high school reunion because all the people I would want to see would never come. But of late I have it in mind to write a book that I could dedicate to those people. A Delores Smythe, a Matthew Crabtree or Andy Dyko. Stephen Donnelly. I write their names here so that I know for sure there is some place where they are recorded in the Internet world. I would dedicate something to them because they made those years good for me when everyone else was senseless.

2 comments:

Frema said...

Excellent idea to journal your dreams. For my independent study with Bill, I bought a pack of index cards and meant to record my dreams every night. I only did one, but it was weird enough - in it I had a baby with Nick and had to protect it from his crazy mother. *Shudder*

Chris said...

I'm doing research on a dream I had this morning. I sketched it down while I was half asleep. A little bitty phrase" Tuesdays are days of night." Okay, whatever. i'm going to see what pops up on the net with that....

If you had a baby with Nick, you should have been protecting it from it's crazy DADDY.