Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Cursing Psalm

Goddamn Joseph Daley!
Goddamn him Goddamn him!
Goddamn Aileen Cokely!
Goddamn her fat ass and her horrible wardrobe. Goddamn that little slut, Catherine!
Goddamn, goddamn, goddamn!
Goddamn Notre Dame’s undergraduate program for making such little bitches.
Fuck them all.
May they go to hell! Let them burn in hell!
They are in hell! Let them take their fucking hell from
the rest of us.
God fucking damn them all!

Goddamn Joe deCant! Goddamn Gerlac O’Loughlin, Goddamn Vincent Bataille, Goddamn Tim
Kelly, Goddamn Luke Armour! Goddamn! Goddamn! Goddamn! Goddamn all of these fuckers!
God fucking damn them. God damn people who hide behind the cross of Christ and you
know--you KNOW they don’t fucking believe in it.

Goddamn the little ushers at mass on Sunday! Goddamn the Folk Choir! Singing those songs
they know they don’t believe! Goddamn the priest for trying to snowjob the fuck out of us. God
damn the servers, esepcially that little fucking prick with the glasses!

Goddamn! Goddamn! Goddamn! Goddamn them all!




2.

Goddamn the war in Iraq!





3.
What is curious is all the things I do not wish to damn. Surely there are other people, places,
things, institutions that I am not happy with. And yet, I have no wish to damn them....




4.
Goddamn global warming!
Goddamn Saddam Hussein!
Goddamn George Bush!
Goddamn NAFTA!
Goddamn Roe V. Wade!
Goddamn the fact that sodomy is still a crime in Texas!
Goddamn all the men who fucked over my female friends.

Goddamn all the men who fucked over my gay friends.

Goddamn nuclear meltdowns! Goddamn forty-thousand children dying of starvation everyday!

Goddamn all of this shit!

5.
Goddamn that Tibet is still not free!

6.
Goddamn the bastard who fired my brother, Nick! Goddamn him roving around like the Son of
Man with no place to lay his head while the birds have the air and foxes have their holes.
Goddamn that Bill is in Arizona when I need him now.
Or would like him here now!

Goddamn the Devil!
Goddamn whatever he did to make all the people I hate into the people they became.
Goddamn whatever turned you and you and you into what you are so that we are at war. So that
we cannot be at peace. I am a Holy Peace, not a Holy
Let’s-sit-down-close-our-mouths-and-fucking-pretend-they’re’s-not-a-problem!
And that’s why,
ironically,
we won’t be having peace.


Why we’re at fucking war!





7.
Goddamn this fucking war!
Kevin,
I hate the fact that I hate you.




8.
And the congregation says: “Selah!”


9.
And King David having slain his tens of thousands lays down his sword and says, “Shalom,
shalom, Amen.

And I say:

Part 10.

God bless Rachel
and bless Griffin
and Cody playing outside their house, secure in their love.
Love still pure,
all of seven,
may they possess the love of seven year olds their whole life long.
It is the love of seven year olds which will stand against all this darkness.

Bless my mama who just took her dialysis bags out--I can hear her doing it--though she
know’s it’s easier for me.
Bless my papa who still ain’t bought coffee
Bless Linda, and Joni and Sarah at the library, bless the public transit system, bless the
sun ,the moon ,the trees who talk to me if I listen, the sweet eternal wind.

God Bless me.

Bless all my brothers and sisters. The ones who agree to be my brothers and sisters.
Bless our tears for all the motherfuckers who hurt us.
Bless the motherfuckers who hurt us.
Bless us when we are hurtful motherfuckers.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Well, thank you.

And... goddamn

Unknown said...

God Bless you for writing this.

Chris said...

Yay! I hoped someone would get something from it.

Anonymous said...

buy propecia buy propecia usa - propecia reviews women