Monday, January 24, 2005

Academia




Okay, it feels like I love academia DESPITE academia. There is always one class that is a let down, sometimes all of them. The reading is often pointless and the professors are ridiculous. I walk the halls of Wiekamp Hall and see so many hot looking people. I mean, tasty! Tasty and clueless and a little frightened. But these hot peopel are never English majors and whenever I step into class I am greeted by the biggest assortment of fat, pimply, wanna by Ernest Hemingway sideshows you have ever seen! Not a looker among them!

Communication is off. Everyone seems vaguely afraid of everyone else. It can all be a little less than perfect and yet... and yet... and... yes, I know that it's good to be here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to call you shallow then for a minute, but you redeemed yourself! When will this chapter of the new book be winging its way to me??

Chris said...

It will probably be coming tomorrow. Along with a note to explain everything in the last week. You know what? That WAS a shallow passage? But that's how I felt.