Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sacred

The tub is cleaned. I am about to make the bath with the salts and milk, with herbs and
incense. This is a bath of purification.

Today we don’t eat. Eatings not always necessary. The normal way isn’t always
necessary. Sometimes it muddles the mind. It is the Eve of Purim, it is Maundy Thursday.
It is the beginning of the Full Moon. Which am I celebrating? I don’t know. Silence.
Silence and peace. This is not a fast. Yom Kippur. Eat nothing, drink nothing. That is
fasting. Today we drink tea, water, juices. It is a day of purification. Cleanse my will, my
mind, my heart, my flesh. Prepare me. What am I here for? I don’t always know as I pour
the water. Maybe it doesn’t matter that I know. Maybe it only matters that I am here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still here! Alive and well, if a little snotty. I will get back to normality asap, but just thought I would let you know I still exist.