Friday, March 18, 2005

Andrew's End

I got an e-mail. Actually, about six of us got an e-mail from Andrew at Andrew's Life officially saying that his blog had come to an end.

Well, here is Witch's Blood, still alive, and often written in sporadically. There was a time when I needed to post and I needed comments everyday, and there was a marvelous community of bloggers right here, at WB. Now is a time when I post once a week, and usually don't get comments. New people don't come very often, or if they do, they don't come again. And while we're being honest, I generally don't read other people's blogs very often.

Blogs and books have lives. They exist in different incarnations in different places. Sometimes many people are reading, and then again sometimes no one is. Sometimes all emotion is written into them, and then sometimes very little is written for a long time. But the way a blog does differ from a book is that it is never finished. This is never it. Witch's Blood today is what it is today, this article, this moment. And what it will be tomorrow. I can't often say.

1 comment:

andy said...

Well, as one of the six who has also been blogging rather sporadically of late it seemed appropriate to stop by and say something. Like six people in a waiting room might pass the time of day.

I wonder what we're waiting for?