Thursday, February 03, 2005

Important

I haven't written anything in here worthwhile for some time. What will I write now? Will I write about writing? Yes, about how it is difficult work, but necessary. About how I feel illegitimate writing? Even now, as I type i think, What are you are you writing? What are you saying? What is this?

I think, this time last year I was writing things and people were responding. Buit I haven't had the time to write much of anything. So little response, and I haven't had the need.

I am full of writing. Writing for classes, writing books, writing e-mails to my publishers. I am mad with writing, but I suspect, not with the necessary writing.

I am writing here right now, at this moment, because I think I would scream if I didn't. Often I have felt like I am about to scream unless I can write, like I will die if I don't, like these words are absolutely important.

No comments: