Friday, February 27, 2004

Get On the Bus II

I have never actually considered the phrase "junkyard dog." Today on the bus I heard a man (a city bus is pretty much a public forum) talking about his job. He raised junkyard dogs. I didn't even know South Bend had junkyards. Apparently when people want to get rid of their dogs they bring them to the junkyard. The people there take them on and raise them. When they are ready they are trained to be junkyard dogs, which I assume means they defend the property from people who would sneak away with... well, junk. The dogs who are no more than pets, who will never be good junkyard dogs, the people at the junkyard notify friends about and send out to good homes.

No Mass today due to the funeral of Father Bizarro. I thought of going, but I never met him. Instead I went to shop for beads. No luck. I wanted a chain for prayer beads and I saw just the right one at Farmer's Market. It was only a $1.50. At Target I saw roughly the same thing for about $6.00. I shook my head over that. I better just screw myself up to travel to Farmer's Market.

No comments: