Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Ash Wednesday: the End

caught the bus just in the nick of time.... thought Mass would never end but was still sad when it did, felt struck by lightning, in a good way, when I entered Saint James.

Heard from the publishers, it appears that I will at last be a published author with a book under his belt-- two, actually, they said it's two long and they would publish it as two books. Ah, imagine that.

I am so overcome with emotion and sleepiness I want to pass out. My body is an ocean. Love, joy, sorrow, bits of anger, peace, fires of desire pulse through my skin. It's good to be real.

Today, in the library, someone doing research kept looking at me and finally I turned and gave him a big smile. He smiled back and it was like the day I met Dean, or the day I met my best friend. People who don't know tell you friendship is gradual. Love comes over time, but I never loved someone later that I didn't love the moment I met them. The sky is the perfect shade of midnight blue suffused with gold. This week I finally saw the last Buffy and today I saw the first Buffy. Angel was there for the start and the finish !

Only a little more to add, and the little more deserves it's own post.

No comments: