Saturday, July 23, 2005

Janus

Things happen by accident, or at least, I suppose, the important ones. We stumble into them. People may remember last year when I was excited to start my own e-press and several people were going to be part of it. Well, we know the way that went, and I put away the idea of being an editor or a publisher in any sort of way.

And then, by accident, when I began to look for a new publisher for the Hidden Lives... I became part of Lulu, the most wonderful writing cooperative and a great alternative to artists who don't want to be ripped off... If you are willing to undergo a lot of work. And, by accident, I found myself with my own publishing house: Janus Books. It is a real thing now. Amazing. And it is mine.

3 comments:

Frema said...

Congratulations! And stuff.

How the hell are ya? How come you no call me no more?

Unknown said...

That's cos you deserve some good stuff! I'm so glad it's working out :)

Frema said...

I know you called over the weekend, but my evenings have been pretty hectic. I'm at work right now, I have a meeting on Wednesday, and I'm driving to Rensselaer on Thursday night. I may not get some decent phone time until Sunday night. Just didn't want you thinking I was blowing you off. On purpose, that is.