Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Back

If I'm going to come back to Witch's Blood, then I better come back and have something to say. I had better observe something about the world. This summer I've heard a lot from friends who talk vaguely about doing something, about finding some sort of purpose. when I was little growing up in the Church we were taught about those who were saved and those who were lost. I still believe in loss and salvation, but it seems to me that salvation will not come from espousing a creed. It comes from exactly what Jesus was talking about: giving ones life away, giving the sort of security and control that comes from small mindedness and tunnel vision and beginning to live, to pick up on how we fit in. Salvation begins when we know the things we have to do and what doesn't need to be done, when we begin to move in a necessary direction. And of course, this direction is hard to find, for us now, in this age divided from our spirits and from earth the flow of things is difficult to fall into.

3 comments:

Chris said...

your mama

Unknown said...

lol. Your mama, right backatcha...

Chris said...

everybody's mama!