Saturday, September 11, 2004

Bliss

No,
hush love,
don’t listen to what they tell you
follow me
my name is bliss
hush darling,
don’t be afraid
you have always known my name
you have always known my taste
like sharp honey on the tongue,
the sight of the summer
day
i am the skill in your hands
the passion in your thighs
the dance in your legs
i make the blood wheel in your veins
you always know me
take up the sword now
do not put up with demons
now is the end of excuses
now awake from dreams of fear
under the red moon
take my hand
can’t you see i love you?
can’t you see i’m love?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop that double posting, you! I like your "out-there" poems. You can kind of put lots of different meanings onto them as they are so specific about the subject matter. Does that make sense, or am I rambling?? It is 5.30am, after all...

Chris said...

Don't blame me, Helen! Blame blogger. I didn't think it had posted at all. No, what you said makes sense. It's sort of what I'm trying at.

Chris said...

London:
yes you have told me. But you know I'm vain, so keep on telling me. I promise I won't tire.

Chris said...

Frema: I just found you and London's comments on an old post. On class room brawls, the good thing is that we don't have any jackasses... yet. So I'm lucky this semester.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't even know you and I only found this site by chance while accidentally touching the "next blog" button, but I would like to say that you are a great poet....your words were just asking to be read aloud and expressed in verbal form (well, that and that I am a drama major). Keep doing what you do.

Chris said...

Thank you. Come back and don't be so anonymous next time : )

Frema said...

Ah, blessed are the smart chaps in graduate school!